Standing against the Pilat massif and along the edge of the Rhone river, the Gîte de la Caille is here. It is an invitation to discover a region which will charm you with its landscapes and local products.
The Rhone river finds here its majesty and takes up with nature again : this branches draw islands and his curves host beaches and harbours.
It has digged steep hills and fertilized the plaines, now source of wondrful flavours. Fruits and vegetables are cultivated in a tempered climate, protected by the valley.
The precious Condrieu and cote rotie wines grow on stone terraces perched on the hills bothed with sun.
If you decide to taste our wine; don't forget to try the "rigottes de Condrieu" : goat cheese produced in the farms of the Pilat plateau.
- Weekly markets : Loire/rhone and Ste Colombe : tuesday morning, Ampuis : wednesday morning, Condrieu : friday, saturday and sunday morning and wholesale or retail market evry day from may 15 to october 15. Rhone wines markets : Ampuis (january), Condrieu (may 1st), Malleval (april), Chavanay (2nd week-end of december).
- Detailed guide at the tourist office.
Gastronomy and countryside
- Local wines : Cote rotie, Condrieu, St-Joseph
- Cheese : Rigotte de Condrieu
- Fruits : Burlat cherries, "soft stone" apricot or Ampuis bergeron, Pilat apples
- Specialities : fish grill, pear pâté.
- Lot of restaurants are in Condrieu and around.
- A pizza stand .
- You can make a picnic on the terrace or in the living room or cooking.
- Trekking, pony trek, bike : marked trails, swimming, water skiing, guided tours. Many other activities : skiing, snowshoes, climbing, via ferrata.. More information at the tourist office.
- Archeological museum of St Romain en gal, butter island, barlet island, Condrieu's lake, the road of the panoramic viewpoints : vineyards, the rhone river, the Alps, horbour, beach ...
- Lot of departures from Condrieu.
- Lot of walking from the " parc du Pilat", "Pays roussillonnais", "pays viennois".
- We give maps and comments .
- Towns : Vienne + musée gallo-romain de St Romain en Gal (10')
- Lyon (45')
- Zoos : St Martin la Plaine (30'), Peaugres (35')
- Curiosities : Village médiéval de Malleval (10'), Ste Croix en Jarez (25')
- Condrieu, St joseph, Côte-Rôtie. A big number of winegrowers have a cellar for wine tasting - phone before.
- Ask us the list with adress and phone number.